Dress: Walter Baker, Shoes: Vince Camuto, Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
Today, I've officially lived 33 years. I celebrated on Saturday with friends over dinner at a local Spanish restaurant, then burned it off with salsa dancing. We took these photos on our way to the restaurant. I was pretty excited to finally wear this dress, it's been hanging in my closet for almost a year now anxiously waiting to be worn.
I thought it might be amusing to compose a list of 33 lessons I've learned up to this point in my life. This is simply a list of fun (and a few serious) personal life lessons, not necessarily advice. So here it goes...
1. Trust your gut, even if your brain is telling you otherwise.
2. Never buy shoes that aren't your exact size. Just don’t. 3. Never leave a girlfriend behind... no matter how cute he is! 4. Life is a constant work in progress and every day is an opportunity to change that path. 5. Teach yourself to think before you speak. (this one is tough, I'm still practicing)
6. Friendship should never feel like a competition.
7. New Year's Eve really is overrated.
8. Practice tolerance, everyday life becomes much more enjoyable.
9. Always carry floss.
10. Start using eye cream before you see the wrinkles. 11. One credit card is more than enough. 12. Don't be afraid to cry during a movie, let the tears roll and enjoy the emotion. 13. Shop alone, you'll make better decisions.
14. Always be prepared to show your work at a job interview, even if you work in customer service; bring a list of improvements you've made in your department.
15. There is no place for heels on a cobblestone street. 16. A good tailor is priceless. 17. Karma does exist and she will hunt you down. 18. If a man wants to be with you, nothing will stand in his way. Absolutely nothing. 19. Don't ever feel guilty about having Cheerios for dinner. 20. Doing a good deed and keeping it to yourself is pretty powerful. 21. "Life is not a dress rehearsal" ~Rose Tremain 22. Learn how to spend time alone and enjoy it. 23. Don't be afraid to pose for your driver's license photo. 24. Sunscreen is an amazing invention we should all take advantage of. 24. Confidence is the best thing you can wear everyday. 25. Nothing in life happens by mistake. 26. Wear shoes when your cooking, you could drop a knife. 27. Every conversation and interaction with a loved one could be your last, make it count. 28. A rich life doesn't have to include wealth. 29. Don't ever try to give yourself a bikini wax, leave it to the professionals. 30. Don't drink and blog. 31. Discover the power of lipstick. (I discovered it at age 31) 32. Love hard. 33. Forgive easy.
I hope you guys enjoyed my first look as part of Marshalls Project FAB.You can check it out here in case you missed it. Now into my second look, which I think may be my favorite. I gasped when I found these genuine suede black shorts by Joe's Jeans for only $15, they are a great staple piece and the price is crazy good. Then I found this beautifulsilky printed top for $20, I love the bohemian-pajama feel it has going on. This is a great weekend outfit, but I am excited about the versatility of each individual piece.
Top: Kenar c/o Marshalls
Shorts: Joe's Jeans c/o Marshalls
Shoes: Vince Camuto via Marshalls
Belt: Vintage Gucci
Bracelets: Jessica Simpson, Kennth Jay Lane
This is my third and final look. It was lust at first sight with this dress, it's flowy and uber girly. I also appreciate a good elastic waist band haha. This is a great dress for both work and play, and can easily transition into fall with tights and a leather jacket.The price was also pretty amazing, only $39, and you get an entire outfit!
I hope you guys enjoyed the looks and thank you Marshalls for the fun opportunity!
Dress: Free People c/o Marshalls
Shoes: Via Spiga
Bracelets: Lucky Brand, T.J.Maxx
Ring: Kennth Jay Lane
Disclosure: I have received free products or value from Marshalls or The TJX Companies, Inc.
in connection with my affiliation with Marshalls Project FAB.
If you read my
blog on a regular basis, I'm sure you've noticed that I do a lot of my shopping at Marshalls. I've been a regular for years and it's one of my favorites places
to shop with my sister, we always walk away with a bag full of fabulous finds. I
love that Marshalls offers high quality designer brands at a fraction of the
price for both work and play.
I was contacted
by Marshalls to participate in Project FAB (scream!) and I was so anxious to
get started. Marshalls sent me a $100 gift card and I was able to create 3 looks…
yes, 3 entirely different outfits for $100! (ok... so the actual total was $107.01) This is my first look. I absolutely love the design and color of this skirt, it’s fun and carefree. I found this
perfect tangerine top to accent the vivid colors in the skirt. Paired with
neutral heels, I was able to create a colorful girls night or date night outfit.
tomorrow, I will be posting looks 2 and 3!
Top: Cynthia Rowley c/o Marshalls
Skirt: Hazel c/o Marshalls
Shoes: Michael Kors via Marshalls Watch: Michael Kors Ring/Bracelet: T.J.Maxx
Disclosure: I have received free products or value from Marshalls or The TJX Companies, Inc. in connection with my affiliation with Marshalls Project FAB.
This past weekend was an adventurous girls road trip.
We had talked about doing it for months, maybe years, and finally did it. We started in San Francisco and drove the California State Route 1 along the coast until we hit Los Angeles, the scenery was majestic and calming, it took us way too long to drive through it, but it was worth doing at least once. Once in LA, we danced, shopped, and tried some amazing restaurants, Kreation Kafe was my favorite.
The three of us love to shop.
We hit up Buffalo Exchange and Marshall's and found some amazing items at both places. Yes, we drove all the way to LA and shopped at Marshall's... the merchandise is different in each store ok? Anyway, I scored these amazing Sam Edelman cowboy boots! On our drive home, we passed a desert area and naturally we had to pull over and snap a picture in the perfect backdrop.
The entire trip was so much fun, it was full of unexpected situations and so much laughter that my lower back was starting to ache. We have a new bagful of funny catch phrases that only the three of us will understand. The opportunity to bond and create new memories was really the highlight of this trip and better than I could have imagined it.